Monday, September 8, 2014

fall/back to school essentials

Tis the season to pack up shorts, crop tops, and flip flops to exchange them for cold weather jeans, sweaters, and boots. I actually really do love the change in weather, and fall is definitely my favorite season, but this year especially it has been really hard bidding farewell to all my amazing summer clothes. Living in Minnesota, summery weather only lasts for about 3 months, while freezing winter takes over at least 5, and spring and autumn fall somewhere in between. As much as I love sweaters, knee high socks, and combat boots, I'm really gonna miss not having to wear 700 layers of clothes. Thankfully, for the next month or two, the weather will be cool but not too bad, so I'm quite excited. I don't normally go back to school shopping, but this year I was in need of some sweaters because even though I may live in Minnesota, I own like 1 sweater that I don't share with my sister. Along the way I found some great clothes to kick ass this school year. This post is essentially just a giant haul fall post, with a lot of old favorites in between.

green velvet skirt - ebay / tartan skirt - forever 21 / striped knee highs - target /
halloween ghost socks - target / lips socks - urban outfitters
Skirts and socks! I've mentioned tartan and velvet in my new year post, and I'm very excited to have achieve that goal. Thigh high socks are a given, so I don't have them pictured here, but I have some knee highs, halloween ankle socks, and calf length socks. The essentials.

leather jacket - cotton on / black sweater - forever 21 / dogtooth cardigan - forever 21
Sweaters are obviously necessary for fall, and I was seriously lacking that department until a week ago. I got the sweaters from Forever 21 from a buy one get one free sale, so I'm really excited about those purchases. Dogtooth is my fall obsession, and having a dogtooth cardigan will be a fun spin on a boring black outfit! 

patterned collared shirt - h&m / black collared shirt - cotton on /
pulp fiction - h&m / i am a god (not pictured) - flyart productions
Collared shirts and basic graphic white tees are a perfect way to keep a simplistic fall look, but also look great. At least, that's my philosophy. I also have this shirt that I couldn't find to add to these pictures, but it's probably my favorite thing that I own at the moment.

blue jeans - american eagle / black jeans - forever 21 /
white jeans - gap / boxers - gap
A good pair of jeans is always important. I'm still looking for perfect high waisted jeans that aren't outrageously expensive, but there is always hope. Also, at the moment is a pair of boxers with bugs on them. Honestly, boxers are so incredibly comfortable and they fit me as shorts, so I wear them over the weekend and/or when I get home from school to get relaxed and prepared to do homework. Seriously, they're incredible.

oxfords - modcloth / black chunky heels - vintage / hiking boots - len druskin
The shoes is probably my favorite part about fall. I wear combat boots all year round, so that's obviously an essential, and since my pair are getting pretty beat up I didn't feel like taking a picture of them, but those are very important. The Modcloth shoes were on sale from like $50 to $10, and they're incredibly comfortable and haven't gotten scuffed yet even though I've worn them for the past 3 weeks straight. Also, those hiking boots are the most comfortable things I've ever put on my feet. 

etsy / yourmainstitch
I've been trying to put cool patches and pins on my backpack for ages, but I never wanted to commit to one patch and pins kept falling off, but when I saw this patch on Etsy it was love at first sight. Probably the best investment all school year. 

For some back to school study mixes, these are my favorite.



No comments:

Post a Comment